Social Life vs. Training

This morning Chris posted on my blog that my training was ridiculous and that his social life was killing his training.

I know Chris was just busting my chops about all the miles and riding that I am doing to prep for OBX, but he does have a point hidden within his comments.

When we are training for a specific event, sometime our priorities are so focused on our goal that our lives sometimes get sacrificed.

Personally, my social calendar consists of one or two dates with my running shoes every day along with usually a solo partnership with my bike. Fortunately, I have multiple pairs of running shoes so it at least those dates are different each day if you get my drift.

But not exactly the kind of social interaction I would like but then it is the kind of dedication that this takes to be successful.

If there is a bright side, OBX is only a few more weeks away and rest and relaxation are just around the corner. Maybe then my social calendar will expand beyond Ms. New Balance, Ms. Adidas, and Ms. Mizuno

Tails from the Road.

Comments

CL said…
I have a hard time balancing since I like to set up group nights, road trips and etc. Speaking of that when are we going to Dave and Buster's?

I need time to fit in Hip Hop Hussle and Zumba into my schedule, you know this Bill, that's real training!
Definitely, Dave and Buster's has been a while for me.

Maybe I will have to put it on my todo list after OBX.

Popular Posts