My hardest day ever

I have run many miles and raced many times during all of my years of running. Sometimes, I pushed to the point where I thought I could go no further. And I thought this was hard

Early this year, my divorce was finalized. Getting divorced is hard. Getting divorced where children are involved is really hard. But at least I get to see them on the weekends.

But today was my hardest day ever. I was at the hospital until late last night and left this morning to pick up my children so they could see their grandmother – my mother.

When I walked back in her room, took her hand, and said to her "I have brought your grand babies to see you". She had been a coma for the last 3 days.

As I watched her face, a single tear drop rolled down her face and she passed away a few minutes later.

Truly, this is the hardest and lowest point in my life.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bill,

So sorry about your loss....I know it's got to be tough. Know that you have a lot of people keeping you and your family in their prayers.

Bob Heck
Richard Hefner said…
Bill... Linda and I will be keeping you in our prayers. I know your mom was proud to have you as a son.
Thanks, Guys.

I wish I something really inspiring to say but in all honesty, I am tasking things one hour at a time.

And, reading of the support from everyone really helps alot.

Bill
Unknown said…
I have followed your blog for several weeks now and enjoy reading about the training. I am new to Charlotte and we have to race the same event. But, I will be sure to say hello at the next race we both attend.

Sorry to hear about your loss.


JSK
Stanfords said…
Hang in there, Bill.

You have a lot of people thinking of & praying for you and the girls right now, and we're here to support you if/when you need it...
Anonymous said…
Sorry to hear it Bill. You can always cherish the good memories.

-Greg

Popular Posts