September Mileage Totals

Each month Susan Moore totals the mileage for everyone in the Uwharrie Running club and then sends out the updated monthly totals to the group. For me, this means totaling up my mileage and sending it via email to her.

Well, the September mileage total is now due.

For some reason, this coincided with me suddenly feeling very tired while setting in front of my computer. So rather than get up and go find something to perk me up, I decided to calculate my mileage for both running and back to send her.

After doing the calculations, it makes me tired just looking at the numbers which is above and beyond the fatigue that I am already feeling.

For September, my miles including racing totaled 376 miles for running. For biking, my mileage totals were 517 which is now my biggest month riding ever.

In retrospect, looking at my logs tells me exactly why I am dragging.

But there is a bright side; my waist line has dropped down to something like 30 maybe even 29. I may need spenders to hold up my running shorts. Also I don't think my waist has been this small since I was in the 7th or 8th grade. As for sleeping, I am typically in bed by 9pm and fast asleep within minutes.

So for those you that are training for your fall marathon and feeling just a little bit sluggish from all of the workouts take stock. Most of the marathons will be happening within the next 6 to 8 weeks and then you take some well deserved downtime to recharge your batteries.

Comments

Popular Posts