10 mile Tempo – Thank you for coming out

This morning we had a group tempo run over at PDS. Ben, Megan, Steve, John, Jay, Todd, and Paul came out to help push, pull, prod, and otherwise drag me along. The run kicked off at 6:30 with a couple of miles warm and then about 6:50 we kicked off the 10 mile tempo.

Ben has mapped out a nice little course which starts in the school parking lot and runs through the surrounding neighborhoods and streets. Seeing as this was my first time on the course, getting lost was a likely option for me so I tried to stay to close to the others.

The first loop went reasonably well. My body was not feeling particular great but then, it never does on these types of runs.

Our first 5 miles was completed in just over 31 minutes.

Between 5 and 6 miles things really started to pick up – pacewise that is. We started to catch Paul and Jay albeit very slowly.

Then, during one of the neighborhood loops, we got a directions crossed as to which turn to take. We only lost a little time which is always mentally tough. No runner ever wants to lose time that he has worked so hard to bank.

For 10 miles, my Garmin read 61:39. Thus, it wasn't too bad of a workout.

The 1st 3 miles of the course run downhill and flat. The last 2 miles are rolling hills which kind of take the sting right out of your legs. Or, in my case it took the sting what there was of it out.

Jay and Steve joined me for a couple of more miles warm down and some easy post run stretching.

I wanted to extend a major thank you to everyone that came out.

Sharing a workout like this is always easier than doing it solo.


 

Thanks, Guys.

Comments

Popular Posts