Rainy miles

This morning's run was dark and rainy as Charlotte is once again being drowned by another weather front. As we move further into the fall, the sun doesn't come up early enough for me and when you throw in the cloud cover, it seems like noon before there is enough light.

Making my run doubly tough, my run took place on the gravel roads of Latta Plantation. Having run there many times, foot can be suspect at best. No twisted ankle occurred during this run but there were some close calls.

Overall, my legs were very sluggish during the 7 miles. Maybe they were still feeling the effects from the 18 miler yesterday.

But before finishing, there was still a Tabata workout to do. There is a long stretch of gravel road near the parking lot to run them. And to my surprise, my legs are actually felt pretty well. Granted the stretch of road is not totally flat but has about a 5 degree pitch to it. But for some for some reason, my legs just felt good for those 20 second pushes. Maybe it was just the rain.

Then, it was back to the parking lot for some stretching as the rain poured down me.

These are the days which make you better because you did them.


 

Tales from a rain soaked runner

Comments

Popular Posts