16+ miles and only some minor tightness in the quad

This morning, Dean, Derrick, and Nathan came out and pulled me through a 16 mile run. Huntersville Business Park is quiet and peaceful in predawn hours and is one of the best places to run on the north side of Charlotte.

Going into the run, there was still some doubt in my mind. Funny, how the mind treats pain and injuries. There is always that little bit of doubt. It causes the mind to keep a safety zone around the body. Only by continuing to do our workouts do we start to push through that buffer zone.

This morning, my run did just a little of it. We averaged about 7:45 pace and it felt easy. This was just the kind of thing that I needed to put some confidence back into my game.

Looking forward to 10 miles tomorrow.


 

Tales from a recovering runner.

Comments

Popular Posts