16 x 400 with 100 meter recovery @ JC Smith

Early this morning, I made my first visit ever to the JC Smith track. I must say; I should have visited it before now.

Over the weekend, Megan asked what I was doing on Tuesday and then, later I got an invitation to do 16 x 400 @ the JC Smith Track with both her and Caitlin. We met at Caitlin's house for a nice warm up run over to the JC Smith track which is just over 2 miles away.

Not realizing how far it was, I wore my regular trainers and carried my track shoes. I must have looked like a total idiot running over, but that is beside the point.

The entire workout seemed to fly by. Most times, my struggles start after 8 quarters but this morning every just seemed to be flowing long. The first quarter was in 81 and I worked the quarters down in time until I ran a few 77, but most of the quarters were right around 79 to 80 seconds. This was perfect for my marathon training plan.

Then, it was time for the cool down run back to Caitlin's house. I don't know if she planned it that way but it is almost the perfect warm up/cool down distance.

The only issue I have at this point is a deep bruise on my right quad. I did it over the weekend and it hurts mostly when I am running downhill and when I cool down. The muscle starts to stiffen. I have been doing a cold/hot treatment which seems to be helping. But I will take any home remediates.

I will definitely use the JC Smith track again. Even before dawn, there was plenty of light to run.


 

Tales from the track runner.


 

Comments

Unknown said…
GO BILL! It was great having you out there and I'm glad you were such a huge fan of the track!! I really like working out with you and Megan. You definitely have a calm confidence that resonates with me. Yu'll do fabulously at OBX!

Caitlin
Spot said…
AWESOME! I was going on Tuesdays over the Summer...now I do speed work on Wednesdays. I miss everyone in the Tuesday group....
Not sure when the next workout on the track will be. OBX is next week, but if you ever switch back to Tuesday or we are do something on Wednesday, you are welcome to join.
Spot said…
Thanks! Good luck next week! I know you will do AWESOME!

Popular Posts