9 Days left until OBX

This morning, I was up and out the door early. I hit the Mallard Creek Greenway just after 7 AM. The air was crisp as the temperatures dropped to about 31 degrees. And there was just a hint of frost on the ground.

For today, I had a fartlek workout scheduled. This workout includes 8 x 2 minutes with a 1 minute recovery. Normally, I do this workout at 5k pace. However, today I was browsing through the laps on my Garmin and all of the intervals were done much closer to mile pace than 5k pace. I crossed my fingers that this is a good sign going into the OBX next week.

During the cool down portion of the workout, I noticed the leaves on the trees were starting to change colors. Some were a tint of red while others had this perfect color of yellow.

For some reason, I just wanted to take a moment then and soak up the beauty of the fall in the Carolinas.

Comments

Popular Posts