14 Days left until OBX

Yesterday afternoon, I swung by the local shoe store and picked up a pair of NB 1224. The NB 1223 have become my favorite running shoe last spring when I was training for the Snickers Marathon. The NB 1223 just seem to make me feel fast when I am running and I specificially use them for my long runs. When the new version became available, I put a todo my list to get the new pair.

Also I stopped by the ThoroLo store and picked up two pair of compression socks. For the past 10 years, I have running in nothing other Thorlos and rarely get blisters on my feet. And with the marathon, coming up I decided to wear some compression socks around for the next 2 weeks.

This morning, I headed over the Huntersville business park for my last 20 miler before OBX. I started around 5:40 AM. Jeff C. met me about around 7ish and did the last 11 miles with me.

The rain was threatening when I started but nothing came down until about 5 miles into the run. From that point, it was just a steady shower. Lucky for me, it wasn't too heavy so my shoes really didn't get soak. Soaked running shoes are the worst to run in. They are definitely heavier from the water and create great conditions for blisters even with Thorolo soaks.

Later today, I want to swing RFYL to pick up some stuff and then spend the rest of the day resting.

Comments

Popular Posts