15k Run tomorrow

The Lung Strong 15 is tomorrow morning and while I am looking forward it, my concerns are starting to rise.

Unlike the 50k where I was worried about finishing because of the distance, I am more concerned about how my body will stand up for the race.

After my bike accident on Monday, I wasn't feeling any of the effects outside of a busted up face. But after about 48 hours, I noticed my right knee had this stinging feeling and my left thigh was really sore.

I have been doing the usually stuff -rest, elevation of the legs, lots of ice and Advil. Also I got a massage yesterday evening.

Seems like I created the "Perfect Storm" as people now so fond of saying of running. Doing two hard race inside of 7 days, plus continuing my marathon training, and cap it with a bike accident. You would think that I was trying to really injury my self.

If I can just make it through this weekend, my running should improve. I will be starting my taper for OBX. The mileage will go down but I will keep the workout intensity the same. My body will hopefully respond well to it over the next 3 weeks.

I will recap how the 15k goes some time over the weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts