50K is 2 days away

In less than 48 hours, I will be running the New River 50k. In fact, it is 10:57 AM at the moment. If I stay on pace, I should be about 50 minutes from the finish at this time.

My legs were a little tired this morning morning. So to offset the fatigue, I have been trying to get some extra sleep but sometimes I think it has the opposite effect.

In fact, I have almost come to the conclusion that it make me feel the fatigue even more. My reasoning behind this belief is getting extra sleep takes you out of your normal sleep patterns. Consistency, to me is the most important thing.

So if you have been sleeping 7 or 8 or 9 hours, you should continue with this pattern through your goal event.

Also I believe the same can be said for your eating habits. Don't try anything new and don't change the foods that you have been eating. The worst thing to happen is to have tummy issue before or during the race.

On a different note, I am getting everything together so I can head out for the 50k tomorrow afternoon.

Clothes and Food - etc. ... :) If the wheels don't fall off, I should have a great weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts