13 Days left until OBX

This morning, I headed out for a 13 mile run. The rain had moved out of the area yesterday afternoon so today dawned bright and sunny.

I am a big believer in doing loop course so today was no different. I made a big loop heading north, then west, south, then east, and back north and west. So it was essentially, a counter clock wise loop. The course took me from Mt. Holly Huntersville Rd to Sunset Rd to old Statesville Rd and then back home.

Part of the course was into a head wind. For the fist time, I didn't really mind. I suspect OBX will have a significant head wind over the final miles and today gave me a small sampling of what it will be like.

My body still feels sluggish during the earlier miles. I am starting out much slower than I do normally. I hope it is just part of bouncing back from the 50k. Two weeks have pasted since the race.

The only blister that I go has healed. By the way, my lip is healing quite nicely from the bike accident. The stitches are gone and I can shave again.

It did leave a small scar but I tell people that it just adds to my rugged good looks.

For the coming week, I have 70 miles on the agenda with two high intensity worksouts. Tuesday, I will be doing a tempo run and Thursday, I will be adding a Fartlek workout. Next, Saturday morning, I will be heading out for 16 mile run.

Otherwise, I will be dropping the mileage down and trying to rest as much as possible.

Comments

Popular Posts