11 Days left until OBX

Earlier this morning, I was out on the Mallard Creek Greenway running my tempo run. The sun had not rose above the horizen yet, so there was just enough light to see the path in front of me. The temperature was also a bit chilly as they had dipped down into the lower 30s and with the wind blowing upper 20s here in Charlotte.

I was quite comfortable running except for my hands. Because I was hitting my splits every 1/4 mile to capture the split time and heart rate, the fingers on my right hand were exposed during the entire run. Don't worry, I didn't get any frost bite. I have those gloves and look like mittens, but covers folds back to expose the ends of the fingers. I wish I knew who create this glove. He or she gets my vote for best running accessory in cold weather.

I didn't wear tights either. With the cold temps kicking in, I am finding that my calf sleeves and compression tights keep my legs i.e. lower body at the perfect temperature. And, I don't seem to notice the knee area being exposed. Possibly, this is due to all of the heat being released from the legs as I run.

Well, I covered the 8 mile run in just over 48 minutes. My heart rate just bubbled over 160 for the run. I could have pushed harder, but I went on effort and so I walked away from the workout still wanting more.

Thoughts on the Run.

Comments

Popular Posts