Winter Flight 8k – Take 2

I just got word that the unknown fast runner is Chad Newton from near Ashville, NC that is coming to the Winter Flight 8k. And, some added information from other sources that Chad ran 25:50 in GA last week so yeah, I say he has a pretty good shot at the state record – assuming we don't have to dig our way through the snow Saturday morning.

And on the snow note, David Freeze emailed me that they would update the www.salisburyrowanrunners.com web site with the race status in the event of bad weather. And they were not planning any type of postponement until something actually fell and it started to get slick.

So I would suggestion if the snow starts falling, check the website for an update before leaving.

Here's David's email address. I don't usually share email addresses on my blog but in this case David put his address on the web site and on the Winter Flight 8k Flyer so I am guessing that he is okay with me sharing it.

- Here's an additional update that I just got via Peter A. from Vac&Dash

"Should the race be postponed, the new race date and time will be Sunday afternoon February 21st at 2 PM. All pre-registrations will be honored.

Thanks - David Freeze - President SRR - Race Director Winter Flight 2010

"


 

Cool Down Runner

Comments

Mark Hadley said…
How about an alternate cross country skiing contest if it snows. Now that would be fun!
Unknown said…
Thanks for the heads up Bill...At the same time, I remember the days from high school Footlocker Midwest Regional champs in kenosha, Wisconsin. There was not a year that we ever did not run on snow or with snow falling.

I guess we don't want to make the volunteers stand out in the cold...

Popular Posts