7x1mi.

Every workout now seems like a monster to tackle. My body was dragging this morning when I pushed out of bed, dressed, and headed over to the track so I could meet Nathan for some mile repeats. Truly, there are days when I ask myself why I do it.

Nathan is like a Timex watch. He was off and running fast from the first interval. Me on the other hand, I am slow starter. It takes me a few miles to get warmed up.

Nathan was probably a good 10 seconds ahead of me on the 1st interval. For the 2nd and 3rd intervals not so much maybe he was ahead by 5 seconds. 4th and 5th my body was finally warmed up and I was able to stay on his shoulder for a couple of 5:37 miles. He then asked me to lead out the 6th mile which I helped him bring home in 5:35.

He opted to not join me for the 7th mile repeat. It was probably for the best. My legs and arms were screaming to stop as I felt totally out of sync for the first 3 laps. Only on the 4th lap did I start feeling better. I guess I was just going through a bad spot.

Overall, I did the workout a little faster than I wanted or even expected to do. I tend to find it is easy to fall into a groove when I am working with someone. Maybe this is the reason why I never seem to get as much out of myself when I do these workouts solo.

Next up, I have 18 miles in the morning on the Mallard Creek Greenway. Circle by to join me for some of it if you have time. I will be starting around 6AM from the Y.


 

Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts