Showdown in the Snow - Postponed

Word circled quickly around Charlotte that the Winter Flight 8k will be postponed until Feb 21 at 2pm. Definitely, this was the right decision for the race committee to make. We runners would risk life and limb to get to race. And, the weather looks like it will be rough across the charlotte area for the next couple of days.

On a side, I was a little disappointed that Peter and I couldn't complete our wager this weekend, but Peter decided to ship me the MBM hoodie and shirt anyway. If you are worried, don't. Our wager is still on, but it is just a delayed a few weeks. Although, Peter's odds just got better. I will only be 6 days removed from MB.

Now, as I head into the weekend, I have to figure out how to get in my workouts. Since I am not racing, I thought I might do a 6 mile tempo tomorrow. The ugly part is that I may be doing it on the DREADED – Tread mill.

Then, I have may last long run before MB which is 28 miles. They say it is going to be 14 degrees on Sunday morning and with the frozen snow and ice. I expect nothing less than an adventure while I try to stay upright. I could never do 28 miles on the tread mill.

Wish me luck as I try to survive this weekend.


 

Cool Down Runner.


 

 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good luck this weekend Bill! You will figure a way to get your training in. Hope it goes well and be as safe as possible...Stephen
Anonymous said…
Be careful tomorrow Bill - I'm putting in my last 12 before the MBM 1/2 and it should be an adventure on the ice!

Popular Posts