Okay, it was really cold this morning

After finishing my workout, I headed over to the soccer field for Tabata workout. During the run there was some wind hitting me in the face but boy, was it blowing across the soccer field. By the end of the Tabata workout, the entire side of my face was totally numb. I was working my mouth open and closed just to make sure it still worked.

When the weather man said the arctic temperatures were going to arrive this morning, he wasn't kidding.

On a side note, I followed a link from Theoden's Blog about winterizing yourself for a run.

One of the interesting suggestions from the article that jumped out to me was using Vaseline. Coating your hands with it will help keep them warm during coldest days.

Since tomorrow it is expect to really cold – "Polar Express" type cold. I am going to give it a try.

My plan is to cover my hands, cheeks, and nose with Vaseline. In case you are wondering my back up plan is to tough it out if it doesn't work. Wish me luck.

Look for a report tomorrow or Sunday afternoon on it.


 

Later,

Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts