Dual in the Snow

Last night the Facebook messages were flying fast and furious between Peter Ascuitto owner of Vac & Dash Running Store in Albemarle, NC and me.

Subject of the messages culminated in a throw down between Peter and me in the snow this weekend at the Salisbury Winter Flight 8k.

At stake a Vac & Dash hoodie and shirt that Peter created for the Uwharrie Runners entered in the Myrtle Beach Marathon.

Oh yeah and a box of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts for Peter.

Here's how the wager goes.

First, I have to give Peter 13 minutes and 10 seconds. If the difference between our times is more than 13 minutes 10 seconds I win. If it is less, Peter wins.

If I win, I get that nice hoodie and shirt for free from Vac & Dash. But, if I lose, I have to buy the hoodie and shirt from Peter and at the April Fools 5k, I have to bring him a box of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts.

Personally, I think Peter is sand bagging me on how fast that he intends to run. But in the interest of a friendly wager, I agreed. It is all in good fun anyway.

Now, here's where it really gets interesting.

If it snows this weekend and we run in the snow, my time will probably suffer more than Peter's which is bad news for me.

And if the snow is bad enough that the Race Director postpones the race until the 21st of February, it will be equally bad for me because it will only 7 days after Myrtle Beach.

On the hand if the snow swings north, Peter should be prepared and bring a large size hoodie and shirt to the race. I plan to be wearing them around after the race – win or lose (LOL)


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner


 


 

 

Comments

Unknown said…
this is awesome! good luck guys.

Popular Posts