20 Degrees this morning

Turning on the TV this morning, the weather man on WBTV said the temperature was 20 degrees in Charlotte. That may have been true where he was setting. But outside my house, it felt much colder.

As usual, putting my Michelin Man running outfit, it was time to head out the door before the sun comes up. The first couple of miles were a bit rough. My body was really feeling the cold set in but then the body started to warm up and the rest of the run were manageable.

For the most part the wind wasn't an issue until I got out onto the sidewalk of the route. There the cars were flying by so it was similar to having a 20 mph head wind. Good thing I took my ski mask with me. The nose and checks stayed toasty warm.

Now, for the hard part, according to the weather man we are going to have even colder days during the weekend.

So when you roll over in your nice warm bed on Saturday and/or Sunday morning and peek at the clock which says 5:01 AM, think warm thoughts for me. I will either be doing hard run or a long run, but rest assured, I will be running outside.


 

Tales from the Cool Down Runner.

Comments

Popular Posts