Running Boost Brain Power

Before heading out for my 16 miler this morning, I was laying in the floor stretching in front of my TV. As usual I had WBTV on so I could catch the weather and local news.

I was listening more than watching but my attention perked up when one of the announcers's started a segment about "Running Boost Brainpower".

In the Proceeding of the National Academy of Sciences it was reported that running effects the hippocampus which is the part of the brain that is responsible for learning and memory. You can read the article at the following link - Web Med - Running Improves Brain Power.

Interestingly, I don't really feel any smarter. In fact, at 23 miles of a marathon, I usually think this was really a dumb idea. LOL.

So I am wondering – Does anyone think they are smarter now than before they started running?


 


 

Let the Cool Down Runner know

 

Comments

Popular Posts