Batman’s Utility Belt for Runners

This morning Jonathan Savage one the area ultra runners allowed me to join him for a few miles of his Wednesday morning run. It is always an interesting time when Jonathon and I met up for a run and today was no different.

We were probably 7 or 8 miles into our run when I mentioned something about a race getting close to being full. Jonathon quickly spoke up and said that he was intending to be a pacer for the race and most likely needed to register before it was closed.

Normally, this is where most conversations between runners would end – with a mental note being made to look into it.

Not Jonathan, he whips out a recorder while we are still running and starts dictate into it. At the time, I was more awe struck than anything. In the numerous years of running, this was the first time that I ever had this happen and mind you, I have been running for a while.

At this point, the resistance to ask was killing me. I wondered what else he might have. So over the next few miles, Jonathan told me about some of the other items that he had in his Runners Utility Belt in addition to recorder: BlackBerry, water purification tablets, iPod, etc.

I mean I have carried stuff on my runs but I never carried anything like Jonathan.

But what I can say, he is a portable office on legs. I am sure if I asked, he would have a printer and papered stored away somewhere.

Definitely, it makes me look forward to our next running adventure.


 

Tales from the Cool Down Runner.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What type of "belt" is he keeping all these items in? Something special - just for him? Or something that anyone could purchase.
I remember correctly, he said that he got it from Race Ready.
Anonymous said…
Holy paraphernalia pounch Batman.

Popular Posts