Turkey Trot

Wow, it seems like only yesterday that I finished OBX and now, I have another race tomorrow. I really haven't give much thought to the Turkey Trot 8k. In hindsight, I am not really sure why I signed up for it. But having done so, I guess I am on the hook for it.

In looking at the web site, it looks like the course as changed some since my last visit to this race. Definitely, I am always a fan of downhill finishes.

I don't have any real goals or objectives for this race other than; I need to burn some extra calories before I set down at the table Thursday afternoon.

I do know that I am not in prime racing shape. But regardless, I will run hard and see what I can do.

Running under 29 minutes will be a plus but running over 29 minutes will not be a disappointment. After running so many hard races this year, I am due a "game off" race.

If anyone is interested, I will be running between 2 and 3 mile warm up starting about 8:10 from the starting line. And will be doing a couple of miles warm down afterward.

If you are interested, pop me an email or facebook post or just show up. No charge for running with me. J


 

Tales from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts