The Aftermath from OBX

Now being separated by a few days from OBX, it is easier to look back and provide some perspective on the race.

Heading into OBX, I had put a lot of pressure on myself to do well and add to that the fact; I knew many others would be watching. So later Sunday, it was like a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders.

My race went reasonable well given the course and weather conditions.

And whether you believe it or not, I know the world would have not ended if I had not run well or been forced out of the race.

We all know the difference between success and failure is a very thin line. Stepping across can easily drop you from the race.

Fortunately, I walked away from OBX with only a few minor issues: soreness in the back and shoulders, some soreness in the hips, and no blisters.

I felt the stiffness from the 6 hour drive home more so than I did on either Sunday evening or Monday morning.

But otherwise, my runs continuing as expected. Monday morning, I ran 6 miles and 7 miles this morning. I followed it up with a 20 miles on the bike this evening. I am doing nothing really hard just some easy recovery running and riding. In addition, I am adding back some very simple and light core workouts.

For me, there will probably be no more racing until Turkey Trot 8k in a few weeks.

I am going to use these days to let my body rested.

Before you know it, I will be training for a marathon again. And if the running goods are nice to me, I will be in OBX come the fall '10.


 

Tales from a tired and only slightly sore marathon runner


 


 


 

 

Comments

Congrats on your run. Hope your recovery goes well.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Outer Banks soon. Please keep us in mind for future OBX trips.

www.OuterBanksVacations.com
This comment has been removed by the author.
And yeah, I am thinking about making a trip back to the outer banks for the spring.

All depends on the budget. :)
Unknown said…
I'll be back to the OBX Festivities again next year as well Bill! Great job!!

Popular Posts