8 Days until OBX

With the days counting down to OBX, I could have spent it any number of ways. But I chose to spend it tracking some of my fellow runners in New York.

Last week, I tracked Jay, Aaron, and Billy while they ran the Marine Corps Marathon. This week my runner tracker kept dibs on Steve, Peter, and Theoden as they made their way across New York.

Next week, it will be my turn as I exchange watching other people run a marathon and actually toe the line myself.

Am I nervous? Yeah, the nervousness is starting to creep in. Every time, I enter a marathon; I wonder if I will be able to complete it. I have no idea why I always have these self doubts. I know I have done the training: long runs, hard runs, and track workouts.

But as the race grows nearer, one of the things that I pride myself in doing is pushing self doubt out of my mind and solely focus on the task at hand – the running of the marathon.

Throughout the year, Steve, whom I have been competing against the entire year in the RFYL series, pushed me to always be at the top of my game. Today, he once again set the bar very high with 2:50 in New York.

Now, he has given me something to target in my race.

Can I run 2:50, I don't know but I can assure you of one thing. Come Sunday morning 7:20 AM, I will be toeing the line at Outer Banks and running as fast as I possibly can.


 

Tales of a nervous runner.

Comments

Popular Posts