HEED Powder by Hammer Nutrition


Heading out Saturday morning for my 20 mile run and later my 23 mile ride to the top of Morrow Mt., I prepared a couple of water bottles.

My first bottle was just plain water but in the 2nd bottle I added the HEED powder from Hammer Nutrition.

The packets come in single serving sizes weighing about 29 grams and can be mixed with the 16 to 24 oz. of water. Which works perfect, if you have one of those new TrySports water bottles.

According to the packaging, it is a complete–in-one fuel mix.

Not knowing much about the flavors, I selected the Melon flavor. To me, it tastes like a mild watermelon.

One package contains 100 calories of Carbohydrates, no fat, and no protein. It has several minerals listed on the package and also contains the sweetener xylitol.

I started sipping on the mixture before my ride and continued sipping it throughout my ride. Never once did I feel like I was running low on energy. Also the mixture seemed to settle well on my stomach which is always a plus.

The labeling from the packet indicates that it also buffers lactic acid build up and helps prevent cramps.

This was probably a good thing. My legs felt a little overloaded from both workouts.

By the end of the ride, I had consumed the entire mixture and pretty didn’t feel any ill effects.

Definitely, the HEED Powder is worth a 2nd look but possibly a different flavor. Maybe I will try the orange next time.


Tales from the Cool Down Runner powered by HEED

Comments

Coach Spencer said…
Yeah, good stuff. One of my favorites. As with anything, it gets old after a long day, but it's good for a short workout or race or in conjunction with something else on longer days. Never tried melon.

Popular Posts