North Meck Trail – Clear Trail ahead

Early this morning it was off the road and on to the trails. I headed up to the North Mecklenburg Park for a change of pace. It had been a few weeks before the marathon since I had last visited this trail and the leaves had yet to fall from the trees.

This morning the leaves were off the trees but the trail was relatively clear. Some very nice person had used their leaf blower to clear the trail for the rest of us. To that person, I send my heartfelt thanks. Being able to see those roots is something that I sometimes take for granted. Then I remember why I like having a clear trail when I twist an ankle.

So with the temps hanging in the low 50s, clear sky, and just a little fog, it couldn't have been a more perfect morning for a trail run. And, with the time change a few weeks ago, I can start my runs around 7 am.

Once the trail run was complete, it was over to the baseball field for a quick 4 minute Tabata workout. No high gears were used today but then there was not pain either. There were just some steady acceleration across the outfield of the base ball field – 8 to be exact.


 

Tales from the beautiful morning run.

Comments

Coach Spencer said…
My parents live up in Davidson. Worth a visit? ...or are the trails at Davidson U. better? Never been to either.
If you don't know loops (it is only 3.5) miles and you want something that closer to trail running (Davidson is like McAlpine)

Then try North Meck.

I like it because I can set a water bottle on the bumper of my car and take a sip with each loop.
Coach Spencer said…
Was up that way for Thanksgiving but decided to run the Fisher Farm Park trails instead. Never been there before, but it's 4 miles from my parents' house. Some of the black diamond trails were a little tight & rough, especially with the mud.
Fisher Farms is great but I little more of a drive for me.

I can only do it on the the occasional weekend outting.

Popular Posts