3 hours until OBX

The waiting is finally over and the exciting of running OBX has reached its peak.

Last night's sleep was restful, but only lasted about 6 hours. Couldn't help but wake up multiple times to check my alarm clock and recheck it to verify that I had set it correctly.

It didn't really matter; however, as I was up 10 minutes before it was to go off anyway.

So finally, I am making final preparations. Bags are packed and race clothes are laid out. We leave at 5:30 to catch a van to the starting line.

On a weather note, the wind is idle and the tempature is 51 degrees. By race time, it should be in the upper 40s. If the wind stays the same, it should be perfect running conditions.

As for my race strategy to be honest, all I can say is that is fluid at the moment. Expect me to slide into a group during the first mile and see who is running about my expected pace and then I will try to link up with that group over the next 5 miles.

I want to take it is easy during the trail section and run an even pace coming off it. No need to repeat last year's mistake by running too hard once I hit the road again.

So let the race start.


 

-btw dinner was at 5pm yesterday and it was pretty much lights out around 8:30. That's how you know you have a dedicated group of runners.


 

Tales from the runner heading to the starting.


 

Comments

Popular Posts