Yankz


As I was getting ready for my first Duathlon, I picked up my first pair of Yankz from the TrySports Store. The concept is pretty simple so easy that I should have tried them a long time ago. Basically, there is a sliding device on the strings that controls the tightness. Slide it forward to release the tension and slide it back to increase the tightness.

I tried the strings in a training run beforehand. I wanted to ensure I worked out any kinks before race day. That test run went very well. I then switched them over to my Brooks racing flats for the race.

On race morning I put on my racing flats and played with the Yankz to make sure that I could loosen and tighten them on the fly as needed.

After the run, I pulled the slider loose and pulled on my bike shoes. Then after the run, I put them back on. It was one of the few things that actually went well for me during the run to bike and bike to run transition.

I have not totally switched all of my shoes to Yankz because they are little bit expensive at 8 dollars per pair. I might stick with the traditional method for my training shoes but for my racing flats, I will definitely make the switch. This way I have one less excuse for losing time in a race because one of my shoes became untied.


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts