RockTape vs. Kinesio Tape Challenge

After posting on my blog about using Kinesio tape on my Achilles, I got a comment from Scott Regan a representative from Rock Tape. Rock Tape is a tape specifically designed to be used by endurance athletes.

I was familiar with the Kinesio Tape Brand because some of my friends had used it in the past and was the reason that I started with the regular Kinesio Tape. Scott offered to send me a sample to try out and I accepted. After all, as runner and want to be cyclist, I am interested in anything that keeps me going and reduces or eliminates my pain points.

Yesterday, evening I received the Rock Tape sample in the mail.

I know it was just a sample, but I was more impressed with the material sent with the Rock Tape than the Kinesio Tape. The Kinesio Tape order came with several papers explaining the benefits about using their tape, but nothing about how to apply it. For this, they expected to sell you something separately. Rock Tape on the other hand sent me this nice little pamphlet which explains how to tape various common injuries. This I found to be a great gesture. Definitely, point one goes to Rock Tape.

From the instructions, I noticed that Rock Tape suggested taping my Achilles a little differently than some of the YouTube videos that I had been following. I plan to alter my taping going forward to try the Rock Tape approach.

So now the challenge is on. I have been using the Kinesio tape for two weeks or it will be two weeks on Friday. I am going to switch over to Rock Tape and wear it for a week to see how it works.

I'll be posting my opinion – probably after my Tobacco Road marathon.


 

RockTape – Kiensio Tape Challenge – Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner.

Comments

Popular Posts