Some of my Duathlon lessons learned

Maybe a better way of putting it is things that I would do differently. Like anything that you do for the first time, mistakes are part of the learning process. I certainly made a lot mistakes during my first Duathlon.

Here are some of the things that I plan to do differently:

  • Put the number on my bike correctly. I put the number on the top tube with the sticky side of the number toward the back. So when I started riding it acted like a funnel catching all of the air.
  • Put my helmet on the ground next to my bike.
  • Hang the bike by the seat post
  • If it is cold, wear my riding clothes during the run
  • Find some Velcro riding clothes. It is a pain to try to zip a jacket while riding.
  • Put the Gels on the bike instead of in the bike jersey pockets.
  • Put the water bottle on the front tube.
  • Don't try to switch my Garmin to and from my arm to the bike and back.
  • For a short race on a cold day, I would just wear my bike gloves during the run portion of the race.
  • Energy management. I don't think I went out hard enough for the first 3 miles and then rode my bike pretty hard, and then I had plenty left for the run. Next time, I want to go a little harder.


 

With everything we do as humans, we learn from it. The only time that we don't learn is when we don't attempt it.


 

Therefore as someone once said it is better to try and fail then to never try out all.


 

Learning from everything and everyone - Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner.


 


 

 

Comments

Popular Posts