Goal for tomorrow

I have been thinking about how I want to run this race tomorrow and I have come to the conclusion that I don't really know.

I know this is not a PR course based on the course, weather conditions, and course layout.

Realistically, if I run about 2:45, then I will be very happy.

Right now, my plan is to blend in with the ½ marathon group. Get to the 3 mile point and probably the first turn around for the full marathon to access the situation. If there is some guys close in front of me, I will probably work a little harder to catch them. Otherwise, I will probably just maintain the pace that I am running and see where I end up at the 2nd turn around.

I would like to get to 20 miles and still be feeling pretty good. Maybe if a few faster guys start to fall of the front pack, I might catch a few of them.

Right now, it is time to rest. After Kansas just lost, my brackets are totally screwed up and is no use looking at them anymore.


 

Thoughts the night before Tobacco Road by the Cool Down Runner.

Comments

Popular Posts