Young Life 5K 6.1.08

I ran the Young Life 5K this past Sunday. The Young Life Group holds their annual race at Lowes Motor Speedway in Concord, NC. It is usually the first weekend in June.

The race starts at 9 am and runs 2 laps around the track followed by a .1 up pit road. I like running on the track. There something different about it.

They do need to make a few changes.

The course mile marks appeared to be off. My final .1 was over a 1 minute.

The awards were nice, but they need to not double dip and they need to expand the awards to cover more than the first runner in each age group.

The starting time needs to be adjusted. Starting a race in June even early June at 9am is way too late. The temperatures had already climbed into the high 80. It was probably higher in side of the track because of all the asphalt.

The race started at the start/finishline. The first 2 to 3 hundred yards were a mad dash, then it started to fan out. Matt Smith took an early lead. He was followed by Cody Angel and then my self. Cody caught Matt by the start of the second lap and pulled ahead. Matt was drifting back to me but I couldn't catch him by the finish.

Cody crossed the finish line in 16:37, Matt in 16:58, and I crossed the finishline in 17:11.

Comments

Popular Posts