CTTC Summer Track Series 6.24.08 Recap


This was the last Tuesday night of the CTTC Summer Track Series. Being that it was the last week, this is known as the Championship mile week.
Before going further, a huge word of thanks needs to be given to the CTTC members. Each year, that I can remember, they have put on this series. I seen a lot kids become involved in running because of this opportunity and it wouldn't be possible without the efforts CTTC members. THANKS!!!!
The participates in the the Championship Mile are the fastest 10 qualifiers from the previous three weeks. With the fastest of this one race being crowned the CTTC Championship Miler.

Going into the race, there was little doubt who would be running hard. Chris and Brian from the TrySports Racing Team were looking to take top honors. Chris had won each of his qualifing races. Brian had run an impressive mile race two week ago to qualify. Other noteable Jason and Steve Spada were out to show their running skills as well. Steve is in the Masters ranks.



From the start Chris headed for the lead with Brian staying close. Chris was under 2:15 at the half-mile with Brian close behind. However, Chris put to much effort out the first two laps to close out hard. He finished in 4:39 with Brian close behind in 4:41. Steve Spada took the top Masters honors with 4:57.




In the open race that followed, the TrySports Racing Team was represented by Mike Begay and Stan Austin. Mike took the top honors in 4:52. Stan set a new presonal best of 5:10. Not bad for someone just starting to find himself in this sport.










As for my self, I took pictures of my daughters as they ran the 55 and 100 yard dash. We then joined forces to run the 4x100. We finished last but that didn't matter. I enjoyed running them more than anything else. My goal is to do this with them next year.
From this point forward, I will continue to post to my blog but it will be more focused on training than racing. I am taking 6 weeks of down time and then turning my focus to getting ready for a 50K and then a marathon in the fall.

Comments

Popular Posts