Tobacco Road 10 Miler up next

With one marathon in the rear view mirror and one looming just over the horizon, what better way to bridge that gap than with a 10 mile trail race.

The Tobacco Road 10 miler is on the Tobacco Road Trail which is the same trail where I did the Tobacco Road marathon this spring. Thus, I have a good idea of what the race will be like.

Going into the race, my major concern is rest. Three weeks is not a lot of recovery time and when you couple that thought with the last 2 weeks having my mileage in the mid 80s, my legs are probably not up for a really hard and fast 10 miler.

Realistically, my goal time would be anything around 62 minutes. Hard enough I have a solid effort but not hard enough that I end up hurting something.

The race starts at 9 am for the men so the temperature should not be a real issue. And, with the women's race starting at 8:50, it will be much like some of the predator runs that Megan, Mike, and I do.

Megan is actually worried that Mike and I might catch her. Rest assured, Megan unless Mike and I run a 50 minute 10 miler we are not going even come close.

I am definitely looking forward to the adventure tomorrow.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner


 

Comments

Popular Posts