4 x 3 minutes

After spinning in the easy gears since last Saturday, this morning I was ready to shift into the big ring. At least mentally, I thought I was ready.

It seems like every run these days that I need to run a few miles before knowing if my legs are up for anything faster.

This morning Nathan and I headed back to the neighborhood where we did 6 x 2 minute last week. But today, I changed things up a bit by doing 4 x 3 minutes with 1/2 recovery.

Nathan has been great on these runs. With his rested legs, he runs just far enough in front of me that I have someone to chase. Honestly, it is like have the carrot out in front. I am struggling but I don't want to quit.

Definitely, it is a great way to start the day.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Stanfords said…
Hey, it's one of the rare opportunities I have to put a small gap on you, Bill! Great run this morning.

Popular Posts