Supercompensation Training

One the ideas that I have been reading about is Supercompensation Training. My understanding is that I basically pack a lot tough workouts into a short training cycle and then spend a recovery week. Adjusting the concept a little, I am going to use the idea as the basis for my OBX training plan.

Between Twin Cities and OBX I have 6 weeks. Breaking this down, I have 1 week of recovery after Twin Cities, 4 weeks to training, and then 1 week leading up to OBX. So in reality I have about 2 ½ weeks of the 4 weeks in which I can effectively train decently hard and still have time to recover before OBX.

So my plan is over the next 2 ½ pack perform 3 stressor workouts. I will do at least 1 long run per week and pick-2 of the following workouts each week: short fartlek, long fartlek, short tempo (5 miles) long, long tempo (10 miles). By the end of these 2 ½ weeks, I will most likely be dragging but then, I get a chance to taper back. If all goes well, my legs will feel like running another 26 miles and not walking.

Check back because I will be posting how my training is going.

And

Thoughts from the Cool Down Running

Comments

Popular Posts