Seems like just like yesterday I was tapering for Twin Cities

Seems like just yesterday that I was tapering for Twin Cities, but now, instead I am tapering for OBX. The more that I think about it. Tapering does not really seem to make any sense when I was just finished tapering a few weeks ago.

Then, throw in that 6 weeks is not a lot of recovery between marathons. Especially when most experts are now saying that we should only do no more than one marathon per year.

Maybe running two marathons so close together is a bad idea. I know many people do it and some do it with even less recovery time.

But I have not been able to get the idea out of my head since I first tried it in the spring by running both Myrtle Beach and Tobacco Road. Well, sort of, Myrtle Beach was canceled and I did a long 20 mile run.

So I will find out in 2 ½ weeks if my body can withstand the effort.


 


 

 

Comments

Popular Posts