6 x 2 min – cruise intervals

This morning, I decided to stay local for my workout and Nathan was kind enough to join so that I wasn't doing it solo.

After a 2 mile warm up we headed for one of the slower wakening neighborhoods. As it turns out, this little neighborhood near the business park was perfect for running this workout. Like most neighborhoods, it is mainly a loop with just a few crossing streets and at 6:30 in the morning the streets are very quiet. About half of the workout took in some up hills while the other half provided some nice down hills while helped really getting the legs to turn over.

Each interval was followed by a 1 minute recovery.

Nathan was a good sport and gave me something to chase on each one.

12 minutes is not a lot of hard effort but it was perfect this one. I wanted to impression upon the muscles that they still needed to run fast because this weekend, I will be racing a 10 miler.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts