Brooks Silence – Marathon Shoe?

Prior to the Twin Cities Marathon considerable thought went into which racing flat should I wear. For my spring marathon, the Brooks Silence was the shoe of choice.

However, that race was not exactly the smoothest on my feet. I came away with blisters in the fore foot on both feet. But I chalked this up to the fact that I didn't break them in beforehand.

So when I selected the Brooks Silence for my Twin Cities Marathon, I decided on putting them through several break in runs.

During each of my three Marathon Simulator Runs, I wore the Brooks Silence so come race day I thought that I was all set.

When I got back to the room Sunday, I noticed that both feet were very sensitive in the mid foot. But of course, I had just run 26 miles so what else could one expect.

But after further examination, I found there were very small blisters on both feet in exactly the same place as from my spring marathon.

Most blisters are in and around the toes but usually not the mid foot.

Now, my quandary – should I continue to use the Silence or switch to a different race flat. I only have a few weeks to decide so I need to decide pretty quickly.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts