8 x 2 minute hills

This morning Megan, Mike, and I were at Mc Alpine for 12 miles with 8 x 2 minutes on Boyce hill.

Megan was starting her Boston Training plan today and what better way than with hills. She was doing the shorter version of our workout - 8 by 1 minute on the hills, but she would also push up the hill pretty hard. But at the same time she looked relaxed and smooth with each stride.


 

My task for the morning was chasing Mike and Mike has bounced back from Twin Cities really well. From my vantage point, he was bounding up the trail. It is easy to tell when some is feeling pretty good. In this case Mike was ripping up the steepest parts of the hill. There is one little section about ¾ of the way up the hill and he would just spurt up and over.

Me, on the other hand, my climbing was less spectacular. Each time up the hill, my legs were giving me a lot grief during this section. Much of the time, it seemed like nothing in my body was cooperating. Perhaps, the best part of the workout was coming down the hill after the last interval and looking at my Garmin. The realization set in that we only needed a ¼ more of running to finish off 12 miles. Yes!!


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts