Running with fastest women around and the boy down under

Got an email from Caitlin yesterday asking if I was interested in joining a group running this morning at Mc Alpine. Normally, my presence is at the Miner's Run on Tuesday but this week, I was having trouble pushing out bed. I felt kind of bad for missing/skipping out so I sent back an email saying "sure, I was in".

At 6:45 Megan H, Caitlin, and soon to be headed down under Chris L. showed up. Always, it is good to catch up with people that you haven't seen in a while. It has been 2 or 3 weeks since I had seen Megan and I don't remember the last time that I saw Chris. It had to be sometime back in the summer.

Megan seems to be bouncing back from her back issue last month. Chris, well, Chris is Chris and he sounds pretty excited about going to Australia for a year. Being young and single is the perfect time to see the world and Chris is jumping at this chance as he should.

Caitlin looks to be recovering pretty well.

As we were running along this morning and I was listening to the conversation, I made a mental note to write something for my blog today. What about? Well, something that I find kind of funny. Caitlin is in her twenties. Her body can take the hard running and just keep going. Yet, she is taking it easy this week. I, on the other hand, my body probably has more miles on it than Caitlin's car. I am tired, sore, and probably should be taking more rest days, but no, I was out pounding along for 7 miles on Monday. In fact, I will probably end up running 7 miles every day this week.

Sometimes, the old and wise should take a note from the young and free. It is okay to kick back once in a while.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Unknown said…
Ha! If your body has more miles than my car, that would be pretty impressive. My car as 130,000 miles...So what does your body have? Also, I am taking it slow because I want to make sure everything stays healthy. You know your body better after a marathon since you've done them before so you know what works for you. :o) I'm still experimenting.
Ok, you got me. I don't 130,000 miles on my body.

Popular Posts