The Day After

My legs didn't feel that bad when I rolled out of bed this morning but as the day went on both hamstrings felt tender and the quad was stiff.

Pushing off running until the end of the day was probably a bad idea. After taking off work Friday, my inbox was over flowing which meant spending an long day in setting in front of my computer screen. That only seemed to make things worse for my legs.

Going through my stretching routine, both legs felt swollen along with both ankles and feet. Definitely, it was a bad idea to come home last night. Ah, live and learn.

But the run wasn't that bad. After just a few miles, the soreness and stiffness seemed to abate which I guess is a good sign. 7 miles on the day after the marathon with no ill effects is always a positive sign.

For now, there will be no hard running this week.


 

The current state of the cool down runner.

Comments

Unknown said…
I'm going for my first run today this evening. Also - want to join Megan, Meagan, and i for a run at McAlpine at 645m tomorrow?

Popular Posts