20 miles with 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 surges

Headed out early this morning for my 1st 20 miler since Twin Cities. The first 10 miles were on the open road fighting the traffic before I made the right turn into the Huntersville Business Park. Then, I started in with the fartleks. 5 minutes with a 2 ½ minute recovery was first one. The remaining intervals were the same with ½ time recovery.

Funny, once I finished with the workout and headed for home, the pace felt so much easier. That's a real nice feeling.

One other interesting point, I was coming up McCoy Rd when I saw this guy in the in distance stopping and opening his driver side car door. Only when I got closer, did I realize that it was Nathan. I haven't caught up with him for a run since Twin Cities. But I am sure that we will.


 

Random thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts