Rain soaked miles this morning

When the weather man started forecasting rain for this morning, I was not looking forward to a solo run in a down pour. But to my surprised an email popped into my inbox from Nathan yesterday afternoon asking if I was interested in putting in some miles this morning albeit very – 5:30 AM.

I pondered on it for few minutes and then replied that yeah, I am in for run. If Nathan was running in the rain, the least I could do is join him. At least I wouldn't be soak and solo.

With the rain beating down on my roof and thinking that Nathan's courage to challenge the conditions outside might waver this morning, I was up by 3:40 AM and sent an email to swing by the Red Cross Bldg. that I was running.

Sure enough, around 5:40 we met up and headed out for some mileage. Nathan later told that he was wavering a little but my email pushed him out the door.

I wouldn't have been upset if he didn't show. In fact I would have been envious.

Shortly have exiting my car and wearing a rain jacket, I was pretty much soaked. Fortunately, the temperatures were in the mid 30s so the body avoided one of those deep chills from a cold rain.

We circled through a few of the neighborhoods of Huntersville and some of the business park. For the most part, we stayed in the well lit areas.

What was really nice about the run this morning was that I now have my run out of the way for the day and before 7 am. I cannot say that too often.


 

Hey, Nathan – if you are reading this post, thanks for coming out this morning. I know it would have been far easier for you to hit the tread mill.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Stanfords said…
And thank YOU for the company, Bill. I've learned a lot about dedication from running with you. Now you're having to deal with the monster you helped create (rain or shine) :-)

Popular Posts