Been away too long

After Myrtle Beach Marathon cancellation last week, I felt like I had my motivation balloon had busted. I drove home that day and went inside. I just pulled the doors closed after me.

Honestly, it was a real downer to have trained so hard and not get a chance to race. At least if you race and run poorly, you know it happens. Not racing after putting so much effort into it just leaves an empty hole where the race experience should have been. A few of my friends headed for Florida Marathon this week, but I wasn't up for it.

I spent entire week running and cycling alone. It was just something that I had to dig myself out and I am getting there.

As this weekend approach, I was still in a funk, but I pushed myself out the door to a couple of parties and race. It would have been far easier to stay home. But being nudged along by other runners seemed to help.

So I will be back to blogging this week.


 


 

Putting MBM in the rearview mirror – Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts