90, 60, 30 workout

This morning I headed down to McAlpine to meet Megan and Justin for 12 miles – actually they did 14 – just me for 12. I was not really up for anything too hard but I felt a few good surges would be good for me. So when Megan indicated that she was doing 3 x 90, 60, 30 second surges, I was quickly on board.

The workout actually went fairly well. I was struggled to keep up, but it was more due to my Achilles than anything else. Pain does take the edge off from any hard effort.

On a training note, I like this workout during a semi long run. By changing pace, the body goes through cycles of surging and slowing and surging again which is really helpful to simulate race conditions.

One a parking note, there are some new signs concerning parking at the Old Bell entrance. You might want to take note before returning from a run to find out that your car is booted or worse towed.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts