More prep for my upcoming Duathlon


Next up in my preparation for Saturday Duathlon is Garmin Training. I have had my Garmin for 3 years now and have used it in countless runs and rides. However, I have never used to it to track multiple workouts i.e. run and bike during one session.

I now need to figure this out because I want to track my run times, my transition times, and my biking time.

So last night I dug out the instruction manual to find out how to do it.

I have the 305 Garmin so if you have a different Garmin; your instructions might be a little different so check your manual.

The instructions are fairly straight forward.

On page 29, the manual describes Auto Multi Sport function which sound exactly like what I want.

  1. Start by pressing the mode button
  2. Then select Training
  3. Then select Auto Multisport
  4. From there I setup the legs of the workout.
  5. In my case, I added a run leg, bike leg, and run leg.
  6. Next, I selected include transition time. (Let's see how long it takes me to tie my shoes)
  7. I can start my workout by selecting "Start Multisport"
  8. Then, I can change legs by hitting the lap button
  9. Same goes for transition time
  10. And when I done, I can stop the multisport mode by pressing the mode button and then by selecting Training and then "Stop Multisport"


 

Seems kind of painless doesn't it.

We see how it works on Saturday morning. And it is about time that I made full use of this Garmin


 


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner – on the path to his first Duathlon.

Comments

Popular Posts