Finished my last long run

I hope I got all of my poor running out today. Usually, I have a lot of bounce in my legs during this 16 mile run, but today, it felt like I was dragging a ball and chain behind me. This could have something to do with idea to use just a two week taper.

Setting here now, I do have some concerns that I will be too tired going into this race. I am not trying to make excuses but I am just being realistic.

While most of the time, I feel like I bounce back fairly quickly from hard workouts and high volume. I do have to be honest with myself. At 45, my body can only take so much of a beating.

Hopefully, I good massage this coming week, low volume in miles, and one last speed session will leave me with some bounce in my legs by next Saturday.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner.


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts