Running Through the Wall

Ever since last year when I first dipped my toe into the world of ultra, I assumed that one day I would return.

But first, being a novice at ultra running, I wanted to learn more about ultra running.

Learning starts with research and mainly reading everything that I can get my hands on. So I headed by the book store and looked through the books on ultra running. I quickly settled on the book called "Running through the Wall" by Neal Jamison.

Neal's book pulls together a collection of personal encounters that runners have had with ultra running.

What I like best about the book is that runs the gambit of runner encounters with ultra running. The book has multiple stories of people conquering the ultra distance, but it also has stores of people trying and failing. Sometimes, they try multiple times and fail.

Often, I think we as human being learn more from our failures than from our successes. These firsthand encounters provide an invaluable opportunity for us novices to gain from the wisdom of others that have treaded before us.

If you are interested ultra running, pick up this book. It is a relatively quick and easy read – only 300 pages and cost about 15 dollars depending on the bookstore.

Comments

Neal Jamison said…
Thanks for the nice review. I am glad you are enjoying the book. I learned so much about ultrarunning from the runners in that book.

Popular Posts