My Life on the Run by Bart Yasso


A few nights ago I finished reading my 3rd book in the last few months. This time, I went with something a little different.

I picked up “My Life on the Run” by Bart Yasso.

Many people know Mr. Yasso either through his exploits documented by Runners World or for his training workout that potentially could predict your marathon time – better known as the “Yasso 800s”.

When I picked up the book at Borders and began flipping through the pages, the chapter titles caught my attention.

I wasn’t disappointed.

The book documents many of Mr. Yasso’s exploits as well as gives some insight into his early family life. It also talks about his struggles to overcome drugs and alcohol and how running helped him achieve it.

With any book, there are favorite chapters and two of my favorite chapters were his bike ride across the America and his Burro 10k race. Reading these chapters left me laughing as I tried to image myself being put in a similar situation.

There were also chapters documenting his runs in both the Arctic and Antarctica Marathons. One of the more inspiring chapters dealt this his training of some prisoners to run a relay local race.

In the final chapters of the book Mr. Yasso provides some training plans from 5k to the marathon. As you might expect, his uses his “Yasso 800s” to get you moving.

If you are looking for a book that provides some laughs and inspiration, I suggest picking up this book for about $16.00. I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Based on your recommendation, I checked this book out from the library. You were correct. It was a very entertaining book that kept my interest throughout the book. It was a quick read and I was disappointed that it ended. Based on his experiences with Runner's World, I really found his reac recommendations interesting. Sounds like he has run in and promoted or been involved in some aspects with many races. Thanks for the review. Good running or cycling books are tough to find. Keep the reviews coming.

Popular Posts